REASON FOR DOUBLE OF THE DAY – 21.10.2020
- Bayern Munich’s first game since winning the competition last season is a tough home match against Atletico Madrid.
- Bayern have won six of their seven matches in all competitions this season, though did suffer a shock 4-1 loss to Hoffenheim before the international break.
- Atletico have only played four matches and have already had two 0-0 draws. They have kept three clean sheets overall in typical Atletico fashion.
- Bayern were certainly test how good Atletico’s defence is this season. Expect the home side to be on the front foot for most of the match.
- FC Midtjylland have qualified for the Champions League group stage for the first time in their history after defeating Slavia Prague in their play-off tie.
- After a stunning start to the season, with 13 goals scored in three games, Atalanta were destroyed 4-1 by Napoli at the weekend, going down 4-0 in the first half.
- Atalanta made it all the way until the last four of the Champions League last season and stand a good chance to progress out of Group D this season.
- Defeat to Napoli would have shocked the Atalanta players but Danish side Midtjylland should see them get back to winning ways immediately.